Top 5 tips for achieving your goals
As we leave the old year behind us, we can also leave behind us the bad habbits, unfit lifestyles and poor diets. 2018 is here and a fresh year means a fresh start. A chance to improve ourselves to be the best we can be. With new years resolutions at the forefront of everyones minds, now is the perfect time to layout that resolution into goals. Here my top 5 tips on how to achieve your goals in 2018
1. Set realistic goals – Strive for big goals but make sure they are achievable. Setting goals too high ultimately leads to failure and disappointment.
2. Set smaller milestone goals or targets – These will hep you on your journey to achieving your overall goal. If your goal is to complete a marathon then a 10km and half marathon would be good milestone goals. They will confirm that you are heading in the right direction and give you motivational boosts along the way.
3. Write down you goals – Visual references are a great way to help you achieve your goals. Having those constant reminders of what it is your doing are a great way to help you stay on track.
4. Share your goals with your friends – Sharing your goals with your friends helps you when things get tough. Knowing you have told your friends about your goal will mean you are motivated to work harder when things get difficult.
5. Reward yourself – If you achieve your goals be sure to reward yourself. This positive energy associated with achieving your goals will help you set and achieve new goals in the future.
Good luck with setting your goals and have a happy and successful 2018